Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cork wedding venue recommendations (in or near city)

Options
  • 10-09-2022 5:02pm
    Registered Users Posts: 224 ✭✭

I couldn't seem to find an existing thread on this so apologies if I missed it. Just got engaged and a bit overwhelmed at all the venue choices. Probably around 150 guests. Looking for somewhere that is not too far from Cork city and does good wedding food. Any recommendations are welcome!

Comments

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,655 Mod ✭✭✭✭Faith

You’ll need to be a bit more specific. Are you looking for a hotel? If so, what kind? (Run of the mill, 5*, exclusive use, etc). Are you looking for a non-traditional venue, like more of a country house etc? How much are you willing to pay per head? What is “not too far” from the city? Do you want to have just the reception there or also the ceremony? Is on-site accommodation important? What kind of grounds might you like? How particular do you think you’ll be about everything?

There’s probably thousands of potential venues so you need to start thinking about what you’re actually looking for before we can make recommendations.

• Registered Users Posts: 224 ✭✭cornflake1

Thanks Faith. I'm in my mid 40s with two children and not looking for a fairytale wedding. Just looking for somewhere with good food and good craic. We'll probably get married in the registry office and just have a big party, including a sit down meal. I'm only going as big as 150 as we have lots of family between us.

I'd like somewhere within thirty minutes drive from Cork city so people can go home after if they prefer. I'm open to anything really. If there was a nice restaurant in cork city that could do the meal for that many and allow for music and dancing after that would be perfect. I think though that 150 might be too big for that.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,655 Mod ✭✭✭✭Faith

That still doesn't really narrow it down! Off the top of my head, you'd have the Garryvoe Hotel, Fota, Castlemartyr, Ballymaloe, Ballyvolane House, Vienna Woods, The Kinsale Hotel & Spa, Actons Kinsale, possibly the Imperial... I'm sure there are a lot more!

• Registered Users Posts: 822 ✭✭✭what the hell!

Went to Docklands restaurant for a wedding recently. It was so nice. They cleared the tables after the meal so you had your dance floor. Would recommend it although I doubt they'd be able to take 150.

Advertisement