Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Guinness issues

Options
  • 10-09-2022 3:45pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5

Hoping someone on here can help. I have a kegerator setup with guinness psi set to 37 liquid temperature is fairy consistent around 5.7 mark. When pouring a pint they settle very fast. Look good when done but after about 30 seconds small bubbles start forming in the head and if left a bit longer will turn to big bubbles. Driving me mad. They taste fine but just look awful. Also when pulling a pint I always get one big air bubble right in the middle of the head.

From what I'm reading large bubbles in head are caused by too low psi but shurly this can't be it at 37. Glasses are clean too before anyone suggests it.

Any help would be appreciated

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5 R0dger

Nobody has any clue?

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,488 Mod ✭✭✭✭CramCycle

Is the tap head clean?

Yep. If its been any more than 2 or 3 days since last use I take it off and clean it

• Registered Users Posts: 326 ✭✭jt69er

PSI should be 38 - 42, regs normally come pre set so should'nt need adjusting. Are the bubbles around the edge of the glass? Glasses could be the problem, what do you wash them with?

Ya all around the edge and one massive bubble in the middle of the head. Glasses are cleaned by hand. Initially washed them with a mixture of vinegar and bicarb soda and a brand new brush and rinsed. Washed after every use with scalding hot water and brush, rinsed with cold water.

Glasses have never been used for anything other than guinness. I'm not getting any trapped gas up the glass so I assumed they were clean. It's just in the head.

• Advertisement

I have fairly hard water in my house if this would have any affect?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,415 ✭✭✭finbarrk

Once it tastes ok, that's the main thing.

• Registered Users Posts: 455 ✭✭paddyirish23

I found the tap that came with those kegerators was pretty cheap, I swapped it out but added an extra few feet to the line, kept pressure at 38psi and dropped temp to 3degrees and got rid of any head issues I had.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,194 ✭✭✭sprucemoose

switching to beamish would be your best bet tbh

• Registered Users Posts: 231 ✭✭Roxxers

nozzle is fucked

• Advertisement
Advertisement