If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on [email protected] for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact [email protected]

Revenue query

  • 10-09-2022 3:27pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1

    I’m currently returning to my old place of employment that i left earlier this year and i had to cease it in order to join a new place of employment. When i went back and tried registering again using the employers tax no. It says I’m not allowed to start another job with X at the moment. Does anyone know how i can go about this. My employer says that its showing up as active and that if i can’t register i have to ring revenue. However revenue have said that its up to my employer to register me on the payroll. I’m so confused and id honestly love to hear anything from anyone


  • Registered Users Posts: 2,835 ✭✭✭ari101

    When your 'new-old' employer run the first payroll with you on it they will have to request a tax cert (RPN), this should automatically trigger the registration of a new employment, and once this happens your credits and bands should all move over, if your other employments are already ceased.

    There is a slight chance the first payroll ends up on a month1/week1 basis rather than cumulative, or the credits don't move if there are still other active employments showing, but that can be fixed with an enquiry to Revenue if necessary after the first payroll and should balance itself out then.

    The only people who should need to register employments themselves via their my account are first time PAYE workers.