Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Guitarist/singer looking to form Nowave/Noise/Art punk ughh Area: Limerick or Galway (Dublin maybe)

Options
  • 09-09-2022 10:51pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4

Hey, so first of all I have a lot of stuff written and I'll link below what I've so far recorded

So what my ethos of what I want to do with this project? Simply put, ambitious in scope underground music and not looking to be boxed in with genres too much, think all those 'post-' and nowave genres and some, like want to push to artistic extent of the sounds I am fiddling around as much as possible (soz if it come off pretentious) I just like how some bands that push their genres , and like eg Virgin Prunes and their visual art design to their performances or Swans and their constant deconstruction of their sound or Death Grips / Show Me the Body making hip hop/ electronic music more abrasive and harsh compared to traditional 'heavy' guitar music

As for me, mid 20s Donegal lad in Clare but often around in different cities, mainly guitarist / singer, was in a few garage rock / punk bands in uni, before Covid I was trying to start nihilistic post-hardcore punk / noise rock group with very... hmmm Irish folk-ism (and no not some bagpipe beer music with distorted guitar, like more appreciation for dadgad and 6/8 timing) buutttt the pandemic isolation led me to transform that project into whatever I am trying to do now

Yea, so looking for other musicians, bassist, drummer and other guitarists mainly but am more than willing try other musicians, I was even thinking making my Mandola semi acoustic and running it through some **** distortion pedal. Oh and whatever age or genre, just be sound

Anywho here's some partially recorded songs

Ba-Boom!!!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4 MacAodha

Ok turns out I can't post links, I guess I can pm em to those interested

Advertisement