If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on [email protected] for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact [email protected]

OSI map needed for Mortgage

  • 09-09-2022 5:44pm
    Registered Users Posts: 119 ✭✭

    We're sale agreed and are waiting on our loan offer. The bank have asked us to provide a OSI map of the property, highlighting a right of way on a shared access (house is on a private lane with a few others).

    I have no idea where to get this! Went to the OSI website, but I'm not sure what to ask for!


  • Registered Users Posts: 1,522 ✭✭✭TJJP

    Possibly one of these. You can view as a guest but need an account to get an official copy, I think. You'll probably need your solicitors to get it for you.

  • Registered Users Posts: 5,343 ✭✭✭Gusser09

    Surely thats up to the estate agent to provide. This doesnt make sense. Or solicitor. Something not adding up at all.

  • Registered Users Posts: 22,377 ✭✭✭✭mickdw

    More info needed.

    I know you are waiting on loan offer but is this map for the house you are buying or one you are selling prior to moving?

    Is the right of way registered with Land Registry?

    If this map is for the property you are buying,. Your solicitor must relay this request to sellers solicitor who will need to provide registered right of way to satisfy your bank and indeed yourselves.

  • Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 64,233 Mod ✭✭✭✭L1011

    Your solicitor should be able to sort this out, either themselves or with the vendors solicitor. If they're asking you to do it, question what else they may not be able to do.

    Official OSI maps cost a bit.

  • Registered Users Posts: 318 ✭✭fago

    Had a similar sale. Assume when you say bank asking you, you mean asking your solicitor.

    Vendor solicitors has to provide it as outline etc marked and the right of way registered on the folio.

    It delayed our sale as aib looked for that and a declaration of identity.

  • Advertisement