Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Dementia: Care Giver Support

• 09-09-2022 1:40pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1

Hi all,

My mother is a fulltime care giver to my father (late 80's)who suffers with dementia. She is badly in need of emotional support. I cannot find one support group for care givers in the Dublin area.

The ASI offer a support group to caregivers caring for under 65 yr olds only.

Does anyone have any suggestions?

Post edited by Throwin Shoes on

Comments

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 60,478 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

Irrelevant answer deleted, note OP is looking specifically for emotional support

Gremlinertia

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 60,478 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

Ok i've had a think about this, and my only suggestions are find your public health nurse (GP surgery should be able to help)

Secondly and probably more usefully contact ALONE, not quite their remit but if they cant help they know who can.

Best of luck to you and your parents

Advertisement