Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Am I doing the right thing for this cat?

• 09-09-2022 9:15am
    Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭

I have lived in a rural rented house for 14 years but about to move to a flat in town. When I moved in, there was a cat who would hang around the garden, I started to feed her & she's never really left apart from a mysterious 3 year disappearance a long time back. She had 2 litters of kittens before I caught her & had her neutered. All the kittens were neutered too, some have stayed around, others went over the years. I think she started life as someone's pet because she's affectionate & intelligent & responsive to the name I gave her. We're left with 5 cats in the garden, 2 have become our pets & we're taking them with us but this older girl doesn't get on with any of them & gets aggressive. The two who are staying are proper outdoor cats who don't accept strokes etc, I think they'll be ok. Getting our two to adapt to flat life will be daunting. I've asked the local rescue centre if she could be rehomed, given her age, they're think they could find a quiet home for her. My worry is that this area is her territory, it's completely safe & she loves to ramble, I often see her across the fields. But it's a different story in winter and she loves being inside too. I feel like I'm abandoning her either way. I don't know anyone in the village who could take her. Am I doing the right thing surrendering her for adoption?

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,334 CMod ✭✭✭✭Nody

In so many words, yes.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,634 ✭✭✭✭Graces7

About the territorial concern? As long as you keep the cat inside for long enough for it to fully know that this is its home, it will be safe out. I used to keep cats in for 3 months after a move.

Cats have been known to " home" back to its old place after a move. So I have always kept them in for that time.

Advertisement