Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

No access to current affairs forum

Options
  • 09-09-2022 5:58am
    Registered Users Posts: 478 ✭✭

Hello,

Not sure where I should post this issue, so please move if needed.

I posted comments in two different threads on the current affairs forum, and when I logged back in later in the day I no longer had any access to the entire forum. I have not received and correspondence or notifications about this issue by PM, so I have no idea what is happening with access to this particular section of the site.

Would appreciate if someone could advise me on what the issue could be. Thanks.

This message pops up whenever I attempt to click on any topic within the current affairs forum:

Boards.ie Message

You do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

1. Your user account may be banned from this forum or may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
    2. If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

My account is not waiting activation, as I already completed this step from the email I received after registering. Any help appreciated thanks.

Post edited by Spear on

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 478 ✭✭Run Forest Run

@Boards.ie: Niamh

@Pawwed Rig

@ancapailldorcha

@Skylinehead 

@Sephiroth_dude 

@Kimbot

@Necro

@Gremlinertia 

@Tokyo 

@Ted_YNWA 

@Ten of Swords 

@Baggly 

@Mr E

@Beasty

Sorry guys, I haven't got a clue what's going on here or what the issue is exactly. So I've just picked out some of you who might be in charge of this particular area in the hope you might be able to help. Thanks.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 59,924 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

I can't help anyway as your profile is private hopefully someone else tagged can help..

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 38,025 CMod ✭✭✭✭ancapailldorcha

We sat again for an hour and a half discussing maps and figures and always getting back to that most damnable creation of the perverted ingenuity of man - the County of Tyrone.

H. H. Asquith

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,115 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Set your profile to public and we'll have a look.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,543 ✭✭✭✭Dial Hard

I thought private profiles were being disabled anyway?

• Advertisement
  • Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 75,868 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

You were banned from the forum by Ten of Swords for trolling

Okay thanks Beasty.

I didn't receive any notification of this ban, or any indication about what exactly in my posts was considered trolling.

Is this normal procedure? Is there any way of disputing this ban without knowing why it was given? Cheers.

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 75,868 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

Unfortunately there is no automatic notification of bans on this platform. For Current Affairs the most active mods are Ten of Swords and myself (indeed we do the vast majority of moderation in the forum). Dropping one of us a PM will initiate the appeal process and if the other one is involved we can let you know. Unfortunately this is one of the shortcomings with the new platform. I am encouraging mods to issue a nil point warning to explain the ban whenever issuing a forum ban, but that is something mods need to remember to do (and TBH I've on occasion forgotten to do this)

If you PM the mod they can provide more details. You need to discuss it with the mod and try to resolve this directly. If that does not reach a satisfactory conclusion you can then start a thread in the Dispute Resolution Forum (which is a sub-forum of this Help Desk forum), setting out the basis of your appeal and indeed any PM conversation with the mod concerning the ban

I pm'd the mod in question there yesterday. So just awaiting their response.

@Beasty

I think I've given the mod a fair amount of time, but 3 days now without reply. So what is the protocol now?

Should I get this thread moved to the dispute resolution forum? It's not easy to dispute a ban when I don't know the mods exact reasoning.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,162 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

If you've made the effort to PM the mod to discuss and didn't receive a response, then start a thread in the Dispute Resolution forum, and the category mods will review it.

Advertisement