Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Lower Decks 3x03 - 'Mining the Mind's Mines' ~~ { ** Spoilers Within ** }

• 08-09-2022 7:50am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,117 ✭✭✭

Lower Decks 3x03 - 'Mining the Mind's Mines' ~~ { ** Spoilers Within ** } Warning: This thread will contain spoilers 

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 15,508 ✭✭✭✭AMKC
    Ms

Not a bad episode but nit the funniest either. Poor Tendi do lol not getting who she wanted and having Dr. Miglomo to mentor her instead lol.

Lol at some of the fantasies do but I have to say Rutherfords fantasy was the best lol and a good easter egg it was too. Isn't it great that this show actually has us caring about its characters and that we actually know who they all are like Captain Freeman, Marineer, Boimler and Tendi unlike znother show that shull not be named.

Live long and Prosper

Peace and long life.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,094 ✭✭✭corkie

Post edited by corkie on

"He tasks me. He tasks me and I shall have him! I'll chase him round the moons of Nibia and round the Antares maelstrom and round perdition's flames before I give him up!" - Khan quoting Moby Dick (Star Trek II: The Wrath of Khan)

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,032 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

Light weight but fun enough episode, much like the previous one. And also fairly light on the references, bar the few major ones like Leah Brahms being fairly central. I did appreciate the brief call back to the koalas though.

Edit: small additional detail, they got the original TNG actress Susan Gibney, back for the Brahms role.

Post edited by Spear on

• Registered Users Posts: 1,117 ✭✭✭ilovesmybrick

Pretty fun episode, I really enjoyed Rutherfords little head torch, handy thing to have! Liked the return of the USS Hood as well, as with the Brahms role they're able to bring back ideas/characters/ships in a way that's a nice nod and doesn't seem like blatant fan service. Unlike a certain upcoming season 3...

• Registered Users Posts: 10,501 ✭✭✭✭Slydice

That was fun. Think the nod I liked the most was Leah Brahms. I'd wondering ..maybe hoping.. if they'll fill in the 'why' about the mind reading later.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,781 ✭✭✭✭flazio

It was explained in the episode. The scientists wanted to sell Starfleet secrets, although what secrets they would get out of the Cali classes is questionable.

I liked this one. Question though, that Admiral who was Boimlers fantasy. Should I know him?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,721 ✭✭✭Evade

The ships themselves are valuable. If you know where they're going to be it would make it easier to hijack.

Pretty fun episode overall I liked the nightmare clown Klingons.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,501 ✭✭✭✭Slydice

Maybe that's all there is too it. The captain's log left me thinking there's something more.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,881 ✭✭✭✭Stark

Pretty sure the fantasy Admiral was just a randomer instead of an easter egg for once.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,781 ✭✭✭✭flazio

Voiced by Fred Tatiscore according to Memory Alpha so yeah, just a generic Admiral. Shame because it could have been a good cameo opportunity for Janeway or Picard or any of the admirals from DS9 's Dominion war.

• Advertisement
Advertisement