Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Letter of Consent for Planning Permission

Options
  • 07-09-2022 9:20pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2

Hi All,

I have a question relating to Planning Permission.

I am currently living in a property which the land it is on, plus an adjoining field, is in the process of being transferred over to me.

I wish to apply for planning permission for an extension to the property, and I am aware of the need for a letter from the land owner providing consent. However, at the moment this is not possible.

I have been advised that my solicitor who is dealing with the transfer draft a formal letter stating that the land is currently in the process of being transferred with the PRAI.

Does anyone have any experience with a situation like this?

Would the letter from my Solicitor suffice, with a letter from me as the prospective owner following the legal transfer?

Many thanks in advance!

Answers

• Registered Users Posts: 45,855 ✭✭✭✭muffler

The letter from the solicitor confirming your legal claim on the property should suffice.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 38,528 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

Letter from solicitor is more than enough.

I’ve lodged with hand written letters from the home owner allowing tenants apply in the past.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 JForde94

Thanks @muffler and @Gumbo, I will hopefully get the letter drafted tomorrow!

Advertisement