Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Empty make-up containers

• 06-09-2022 7:14pm
    Registered Users Posts: 178 ✭✭

Hello. I hope it is ok to post here. I was wondering what you all do with your empty/gone off etc make up containers.I ask as we collect items to recycle through Terracycle and through this raise funds for Autism Assistance Dogs Ireland. 

There are a few different items we collect such as sweet, biscuit and cracker packing but the latest collection we have been added to is the Personal Care & Beauty Packaging. So I was wondering if you would consider saving any of the following to us and we can not only get them correctly recycled but also use them to raise much needed funds to help raise and train pups for the many autistic children in Ireland.

We can accept all used make-up plastic containers( lipstick, eye shadow, blushers, mascara, lip-gloss, foundation tubes, concealer ) as well as the outer plastic packaging for face masks and make up wipes and plastic tubes such as hand cream, face washes, tanning lotions, moisturisers etc

If you feel this is something you would like to do you can post items to us at the address below, or we can pick up from the Nenagh to Limerick area, and we travel to Tralee every few weekends so can meet along that route.

Many thanks for your time in reading this

My daughter who is the force behind this has a FaceBook Page: https://www.facebook.com/SavingTheWorldOneWrapperAtATime

She has raised over €80 last year with her collections and is hoping for more this year.

Hannah Greenford,

Castletown, 

Outside Portroe,

Ballina,

Co.Tipperary

V94P8PD

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 178 ✭✭Eileen36

This scheme is ending in Jan so the last date for us to accept any plastic makeup containers is Jan 25th . If there is anyone in the Nenagh/Killaloe or on Limerick road to Tralee with items for us to collect please drop me a line.

We will be continuing to collect the wrappers from sweets, biscuits, crackers, chocolates, babybels, dishwasher tablets & salt, and household wipes and welcome any amount and again can collect from Nenagh to Birdhill area every week and do the trip from Nenagh to Tralee every few weekends.

many thanks

Advertisement