Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Error Codes for Whirlpool Dishwasher?

Options
  • 06-09-2022 9:53am
    Registered Users Posts: 181 ✭✭

Hi all,

I have a Whirlpool WIE2B19 integrated dishwasher about three years old. There's an intermittent issue where, at the end of a cycle, the water pumps out but the drain pump keeps running - indefinitely as far as I can see.

If I power off and start over everything acts normally during the other fill/empty parts of the cycle. So I assume it isn't a water leakage issue as it would be there all the time.

When the problem occurs, the power on/off light flashes continuously and four of the five cycle LEDs are lit indicating, I imagine, a specific fault.

I would have a go at fixing it if I had an idea what was wrong. I can't find anything online on this particular model's fault codes?

I can find plenty of info on other models / control panel setups, but not this particular one.

For now I have unplugged it for half an hour to see if a reset makes any difference. If anyone could point me somewhere I could find the model specific technical data / fault codes I would be grateful.

Thanks for any help.

S

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,373 ✭✭✭The Red Ace

plugging it out wont fix it, the machine needs to be taken out on the floor and with nothing inside lean it over on its side until it touches the floor, then stand upright again and test it before refitting. (water has triggered the aqua float) you will probably need a towel for mopping up depending on how much is in there

• Registered Users Posts: 181 ✭✭Itineoman

Cheers - I'll drag it out in the morning and will do that. Hopefully that's all it is. What puzzles me is that it only seems to happen at the end of a program and not when it empties at different times for fill/rinse during the wash. I thought if there was water underneath it would be a constant thing with the pump? I'll post how I get on.

Thanks for the advice 🙂

• Registered Users Posts: 181 ✭✭Itineoman

So I removed the dishwasher from the kitchen unit, had a look inside and all was pristine new and dry. I dismantled the drain pump ( I wish I hadn't as it is fiddly to put back properly) and saw nothing untoward. I had a checked the movement of the polystryene float and I put it all back together. It seems to work ok for now. Along the way I misaligned the pump causing the aqua float to do its thing - it runs whether the machine is powered on or off and was distinctly different to what was happening earlier. The problem seems to have gone away for now. I'll hope for the best for now and thanks again for your input.

Post edited by Itineoman on

Advertisement