Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

To tee or not to tee - on Par threes?

Options
  • 06-09-2022 1:48am
    Registered Users Posts: 143 ✭✭

It kinda hit me over the weekend that my irons on long par threes (3,4,5 iron range) are not as accurate as I hit them from the fairway. I always use a tee on long par threes - albeit down low - but there is no consistency (left, right, short, long...). When on the range I would never use a tee for long irons and on the course I wouldn't necessarily be knocking my second shot with a 3/4/5 iron on the green every time but it typically would not be as far away as I'm seeing on par threes.

My friend Google has loads of stuff on the pros and cons of teeing up for par threes! But I'm interested in thoughts from others here...do you tee it up or not on long par threes?

Comments

Advertisement