Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

how long does it take to sell house?

Options
  • 04-09-2022 10:41pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,878 ✭✭✭

we bought a new house.

as we were uncertain of when the new house will be completed, we did not put our current house for sale.

we got keys now and we decided to sell it off.

in that case how long does it to take to close the dealing clear off the mortgage?

if the process is going to take long, then i will have to keep house empty for that duration and pay mortgage for that.

is it worth to give it for some short term letting until house sale is complete?

any suggestions from the experts here.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 537 ✭✭✭Kurooi

I'm no expert I can only say through my own experience (bought and sold over pandemic, heard same estimates from brokers, bank and solicitors and proved true in both cases) it's been about 6 months give or take these days to buy/sell (that's from sale agreed date to drawdown/payoff).

• Registered Users Posts: 68,176 ✭✭✭✭L1011

It depends primarily on the purchasers situation - cash vs mortgage, reliant on selling another property etc. It will usually take a few months end to end.

It is almost certainly a bad idea to look at any form of rental during sale. Most purchasers want vacant possession only.

Advertisement