Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Relative with Psychosis/Delusional thoughts

Options
  • 04-09-2022 9:04pm
    Registered Users Posts: 449 ✭✭

Hi there, over the past year a close family member has been suffering delusions that their neighbour is trying to steal money from them and now it has evolved into the neighbour trying to take their home from them, we have gone to their gp several times about it, described the problems they were having and eventually the gp called them in and assessed them and made a referral to a psychiatric doctor who visited and assessed them, but the family member refused to be prescribed medication and on learning that they were to visit again said they didn't want to see them and since then we've been on our own dealing with this, their delusions are almost daily and we are at our wits end, I just don't know how to get help for them no one seems to want to know.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,604 ✭✭✭Day Lewin

Sounds very difficult - possibly schizophrenia?

I've no advice, sorry; but had a relative with delusions - I extend sympathy, this is very frustrating to cope with.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,860 ✭✭✭Pissy Missy

The sad thing is when someone has psychosis, they truly believe their own delusions and don't feel the need to seek help. This link hopefully will give some advice, just go through their page. They say they support families of those affected by mental health.

https://shine.ie/who-we-are/

Advertisement