Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What can I eat / drink to give myself a good "cleanse"?

Options
  • 04-09-2022 10:23am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,494 ✭✭✭

I want to make as much scutter as possible.

I completely stuffed myself over the last few days and need to get it out of me. Pizzas, chips, crisps, a big steak, chocolate, sweets etc. I feel very bloated and unhealthy.

I'm on my 3rd cup of coffee but no movement yet.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,570 ✭✭✭✭EmmetSpiceland

If you’re looking to go down the “au natural” route you should look at pears. Fresh, never tinned.

Aside from that there is the “Bendar Method” which involves consuming a number of kiwi fruits. A tried and trusted way to get things moving but can take time and you need to eat them “skin and all”.

If you’re in a rush and need things leaving with a bang you will require 2 bags of Frutella’s “Sugar Free Fruit Jelly Duos”. These will cause large build ups of internal gas, which leads to discomfort and bloating, before leaving the body with excessive force.

While this technique will be fast acting the effects can last for over 24 hours so you will be making multiple trips to the bathroom and you will see jellies in the bowl.

As an aside, never, ever, give more than a couple of these “sweets” to children.

“It is not blood that makes you Irish but a willingness to be part of the Irish nation” - Thomas Davis

• Registered Users Posts: 637 ✭✭✭rtron

Unrefined salt and water look it up.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,860 ✭✭✭Pissy Missy

Nothing like an upcoming job interview to do that for you. Go back to eating normally and your liver will do the rest

• Registered Users Posts: 8,680 ✭✭✭PsychoPete

Half a litre of dipetane

• Registered Users Posts: 6,920 ✭✭✭furiousox

Fybogel

CPL 593H

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,091 ✭✭✭✭Gael23

Get a bottle of lactulose in the chemist and you will block the sewers after 24 hours

• Registered Users Posts: 25,752 ✭✭✭✭Mrs OBumble

Prune juice.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,739 ✭✭✭✭Panthro

A hape a Guinness.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,708 ✭✭✭hynesie08

A litre of 100% prune juice and a litre of cloudy apple juice, drink 500ml of each then 50ml of each every 20 minutes, then clear your schedule.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,369 ✭✭✭The Continental Op

Half a kilo of dried apricots.

Wake me up when it's all over.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,720 ✭✭✭pappyodaniel

If I'm constipated my go to is the tried and tested mug of coffee and a Marlboro Light.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,761 ✭✭✭Aglomerado

Don't stand near any naked flames after those.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,155 ✭✭✭✭Grayson

Nuts. Plenty of cashews etc. Or pretty much any high fibre food. With plenty of water.

Someone mentioned sugar free jellies. Pretty much any sugar free stuff that contains artificial sweeteners, with plenty of water again, will work.

If you want something pleasant though, I use smoothies. I need to have a high fibre diet. So i have a big smoothie every day. bananas, frozen fruit, spinach (sometimes), low fat milk along with cashews and chia seeds. It'll take a day or so longer than the other methods but it won't be as explosive.

Finally, may I suggest 6-8 pints of Guinness. We all know the effect that has. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Alexalphago

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 90,856 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

A few flagons of Aldi's finest pear cider.

Or Andrews Liver Salts "when the bottom has fallen out of your world, let the world fall out of your bottom" / Epsom Salts / Magnesium Sulphate.

Advertisement