Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Do I need a new box?

• 02-09-2022 6:39pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,724 ✭✭✭✭

Hi all,

I’ve recently lost my minix U9H that I was using to get tv. (Lost luggage)

Anyway I am now looking to get a Saorview and free to air box.

I have an existing sky dish (from way back when I had sky) and I have two coaxials coming from that to the back of the tv.

I used to have a VU duo box running off that, but I went away from that a few years back.

My question is can I use the VU duo box and the sky dish to get the free to air channels, and could I then but an indoor Ariel to get good reception Saorview?

Is there such a thing as 1080p or even 4K Saorview that I can get via an indoor uhf aerial?

thanks for any help guys and gals.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,775 ✭✭✭Lorddrakul

I have, this very afternoon, set up a Vu+ Duo with the Open Blackhole 4.4.023 image, with a Sky dish and dual LNB.

It works fine for free to air and with an old laptop HDD in it, works fine as a PVR too.

The Open Blackhole image is quite good, and gives it a relatively modern look, and refines the features. I have one of the high-gain card type antennas piugged into a Samsung smart TV for Irish channels. It is good enoujgh to do HD for the channels that provide it. Even recording from it is pretty good.

One of these: https://www.adverts.ie/tv/saorview-tv-aerial-indoor/17959448

So, it is possible to do a set up with what you have, with a bit of updating and configuring.

Advertisement