Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Nissan Navara VRT

Options
  • 02-09-2022 9:41am
    Registered Users Posts: 1

Hi All,

I am hoping to import a used Nissan Navara from Northern Ireland and am currently living in the south. I can only get a quote for the vehicle as N1 commercial on the revenue website. I am not a business owner and will be using the vehicle as a private individual so am wondering if I can pay the commercial VRT rate?

Also does VAT apply on import form NI at this stage? My last car was that i bought up north 2 years ago was exempt as it was registered in NI already.

Thanks for your help

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 73,383 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

The commercial rate is probably for a single cab, whereas a crewcab would be a 13.3% VRT.

You don’t have a choice on what VRT you pay, but you can tax privately at the old cc rates, which is €994 for a 2.3

Advertisement