Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Media and "sources"

Options
  • 02-09-2022 12:16am
    Registered Users Posts: 16,288 ✭✭✭✭

thinking about deadline day and just media in general...

there is a whole lot of 'sources say', 'sources close to me', 'sky sources', 'sources on the ground', etc, etc.

can you basically say what you want once its prefaced by 'according to sources'?

is there any accountability?

i reckon lots of these sources dont exist but (apparently) you cant question someone on the veracity of their sources due to some ethical thing journalists live by..'i'll never tell you my source'.

Comments

Or "friends".

I get a giggle out of the headlines on those sh1tty gossip rags - "[insert chav reality one's name] storms out! Friends say she's had enough."

• Registered Users Posts: 16,529 ✭✭✭✭Leg End Reject

Sources close to me claim that not all sources are real. I'm waiting on comments from my friends. Someone on the ground refused to comment, but reports suggest they're dead.

Advertisement