Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Changing a Fainting Couch

• 01-09-2022 6:15pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,146 ✭✭✭✭

We've a couple of fainting couches we really like, but would like to swap the arms to the other side so that they better fit our room and TV location.

Has anyone gotten this done before? Is a furniture upholsterer the best tradesperson to contact? There will be more than just upholstery required I'd expect, if even possible.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4 crysmile2

Wow. I happened to see the thread)))) I recently bought a new couch and was told that I don't pay enough attention to the interior. Now I understand why. I wouldn't even consider doing that, I would just buy a new one. And taking a long time to choose is not about me either. I guess you have to love it and understand something about it. Show me before and after, it's even interesting. 

• Registered Users Posts: 1 jioptret

I had my own sad experience with furniture repairs. What can I say - everyone should mind their own business. If you're not a furniture maker, it's better to go to the store and buy a couch. Because sometimes the desire to save money only hurts us. But this is my personal opinion, and you can do it your own way.

• Registered Users Posts: 4 crysmile2

I totally agree with you. Sometimes you just have to throw out the old one and buy a new one. Especially since there's a great choice now. 

Advertisement