Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Registering my 7 year old system with ESB Networks - problems!

• 01-09-2022 11:02am
    Registered Users Posts: 460 ✭✭

I had my system installed just over 7 years ago. At the time the installer submitted the NC6 form and certs etc to the ESB. I have been connected to the grid and exporting some electricity (without any payments!) since then. With the new CEG announcements I contacted ESB Networks to find out how to now get some payments. I was told they had no record of my system and that I'd need to get the installer to submit the documentation again. However his company ceased trading and he has no paperwork from the installation. He is now a senior engineer with a reputable company and he has given me a signed statement as to the process he followed when he was installing my system. The ESB are also saying that the certs (EN50438) I have would not be suitable as they now exect EN50549 certs. Steca who made my inverter no longer make the model I have so they cannot provide the later certs. And the ESB policy at the time of my installation was that they would contact the installer within 20 business days if there were any issues with the documents they were sent (by post as that was the only way they would accept them seven years ago.) So not hearing anything the installer assumed everything was OK. And for the past seven years I have assumed the same thing.

I'm curious if any body else has had this problem with the ESB or knows of anybody who has been told their system was never registered. I've been in discussion with ESB for a few weeks now and my TD is also on this. THe ESB say that they are developing a new system for legacy systems so I'm wondering if there are others who have also been told that their system was never registered. I could then tell this to the ESB who have said that their clerical staff are world class and never make mistakes!

Any other suggestions gratefully received.

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 127 ✭✭TerraSolis

I submitted my own NC6 + certification (signed by my RECI) and emailed it to the correct email at ESBN (I've checked this since). When I checked about the CEG turns out they had no record (The irony is the email to check is the same you send the NC6 to). Anyway, I had the necessary docs so I got it sorted - but they very much do miss things. If it's any use to you, I'm happy to provide you a copy of my correspondence with them.

Otherwise, just replace the inverter for one with EN50549 certification and fill out an NC6 with a RECI - don't decommission the whole system!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,256 ✭✭✭Ubbquittious

Borrow an inverter with EN50549 for a couple of weeks

Advertisement