Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Lower Decks 3x02 - 'The Least Dangerous Game' ~~ { ** Spoilers Within ** }

• 01-09-2022 8:29am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,143 ✭✭✭

Lower Decks 3x02 - 'The Least Dangerous Game' ~~ { ** Spoilers Within ** } Warning: This thread will contain spoilers 

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,633 ✭✭✭corkie

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,504 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

It seemed a fairly light weight and easy going episode, especially in comparison to the previous easter egg packed cliffhanger resolving one. Aside from Mariner backsliding in her obnoxiousness, it also now paints Random as more of a dick to junior officers. I hope this doesn't indicate some regression in the characters development.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,143 ✭✭✭ilovesmybrick

Thoroughly enjoyed that. Fairly good fun episode and I'm really enjoying the new intro sequence. I'd somewhat agree with @Spear about Ransom, though I think they're actually going towards Beckett realising that herself and Ranson are fairly close in approach, with Ransom obviously being half a base dive slower....I think rather than character regression for Ransom, it might be used for Becketts progression as a character.

Though maybe SNW has made me far too optimistic about Trek the past few months!

• Registered Users Posts: 354 ✭✭eadrom

Really enjoyed that one!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,501 ✭✭✭✭Slydice

Oh I enjoyed that one! Both main stories pulled together well.

I did like hearing J. G. Hertzler.. but damn if I didn't miss the voice of Tony Todd on the hunt.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,297 ✭✭✭✭AMKC
    Ms

There was two really funny parts too that episode the first when Marineer was sky diving down to the planet and Commander Jack Ransom calls her to say she was right and she climbs back up to meet him then they both have to sky dive when she had already skydived half way lol and the second at the end when the Klingon program says Ferengi black Market tax applies and all sails final lol.

It was a good episode. How lucky was Boimler lol.

Live long and Prosper

Peace and long life.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,805 ✭✭✭Evade

Fun episode even if it's pretty inconsequential. My biggest takeaway is Boimler's a rake. He doesn't have an officially listed height but comparing him to Riker he has to be ~1.8m tall but only 61.2 kg.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27,027 ✭✭✭✭breezy1985

One thing I never thought we would see referenced is Star Trek: The Video Board game.

A lot of characters missing from the first few episodes though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,522 ✭✭✭✭Cookie_Monster

It felt like a cheap cameo from Martok at first, but I did like how they clarified it as a Ferengi program because it was actually entertaining.

I do also like the constant Ransom is a bit of an idiot but has the body of a god references. Good to see Billups again getting more time too and to a lesser extent Shax, he's still by far my favourite character, and every time he's featured there's a 'throw a curve ball' personality trait to just give him more character and depth. I swear he is one of the most in-depth but mysterious ST characters going.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 36,711 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

Fun episode: the board game stuff was cute and I liked the payoff on The Hunt. Never thought Boimler was in real danger, but was fun how the off brand Predator still respected life not to actually kill his prey. The parachute jump gag was good as well. Very easy-breezy episode but solid all the same; in and out in 25 minutes

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,728 ✭✭✭✭TheValeyard

Good episode.

Never thought I'd see the VHS game referenced. Used to have it as a kid.

Predator thing was good.

Yeah, not bad at all.

All eyes on Kursk. Slava Ukraini.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,081 ✭✭✭Rawr

That moment art the end had me thinking:

”T”s?! They have….”T”s in the Ferengi black market?!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,805 ✭✭✭Evade

Rom taking a leaf out of Prophet-tampered-Zek's book.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,928 ✭✭✭✭_Kaiser_

Loved the Predator theme references during the hunt

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,034 ✭✭✭✭Stark

Fun episode. Pity Amazon prime fucked up with the subtitles so I didn't get what the beluga whales in Cetacean Ops were saying.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,928 ✭✭✭✭_Kaiser_

Essentially, "hey don't jump in here with your boots on. That's messed up!" 😁

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,144 ✭✭✭TheIrishGrover

I actually didn't take that from either character, myself. I don't think Mariner had reverted much. Initially she would have immediately snuck off down to the surface simply to have fun/be on the cooler mission. Here she waited and waited. Yes, she shouldn't have gone off on her own. But at least there is progression. (I did think that whole sequence was funny. Right down to that Redshirt from Abrahams' Trek skydiving onto the drill and then her arms flopping as she plummeted the second time). I thought Ransom was actually good. He was trying to teach her how to follow the chain of command. Not being a dick but simply pushing her because he knows she's better than she currently acts. You could TOTALLY see Riker doing that on TNG.

Was of course, great to see Martok. Was a bit of a pity it was in such a way. With clever editing of the trailer I think we were all hoping it would somehow revolve around DS9, but hey.

Also, I loved all the screams and yelps from Boimler. They made me actually laugh out loud. (I only found out recently that he is Hughie from The Boys)

I actually missed it in the first episode but I love how the title sequence keeps expanding on that Borg scene: First it was the Borg and the Romulans. Then came the Jem-Hadar (I think it is) in S2 and now the Crystalline Entity.

So I enjoyed that episode. Good fun.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,504 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

Yeah, maybe I should have said rebelliousness instead maybe. She was definitely well intentioned at least, as a contrast to the early episodes with she was rebellious for the sake of it.

That's not the Jem-Hadar in the intro, they're Pakled clumpships.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27,027 ✭✭✭✭breezy1985

That's not the Jem-Hadar in the intro, they're Pakled clumpships.

You're smart.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,143 ✭✭✭ilovesmybrick

I loved all the screams and yelps from Boimler.

@TheIrishGrover

I saw (heard/read?) an interview with Mike McMahon a few weeks back, and apparently they have a bank of Boimler screams from Jack Quaid. I think he said they realised early on the Quaids screams were fantastic, so just recorded him doing a load of different ones, so they have a selection they can choose from!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,144 ✭✭✭TheIrishGrover

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 36,711 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

I'm oddly disappointed to learn Jack Quaid doesn't actually record specific screams contextual to those moments 😂

Advertisement