Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Question about HDMI connection to phone + file transfer

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 436 ✭✭Girl Geraldine

No. Unless you have driver software installed on the phone which will allow it to function with these accessories

• Registered Users Posts: 165 ✭✭sudocremegg

That's a shame. I was hoping to transfer photos and files but I can't access it without the screen.

Even if I could just see the screen to enable USB connection I could manually drag the files onto a computer

• Registered Users Posts: 81,188 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

You would be able to transfer the files via the USB end of the charging cable to a computer if you could unlock and screen and initiate the file transfer option on the phone. A phone repair shop should be able to either repair the screen or extract the files for you from the phone.

If you have a memory card inserted in the phone and you might have photos/files saved to this by default that you could then access via the card inserted in to a computer?

If you want to just transfer files and stuff then in most cases with an android, by default, if you plug it in via USB to a PC then it appears in File Explorer much like an external drive and you can navigate into the phone storage and move or copy-paste out the files you want.

You are over complicating it with the HDMI business. HDMI to USB-C will adapters are grand for source devices which are intended to output video through the USB-C. The USB-C port on a phone is not set up with that intent, so it just would not work.

There are screen mirroring apps that you can mirror the screen onto a computer but you need to adjust some setting in the phone to enable that capability, so with a broken screen you won't be able to set it up.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,728 ✭✭✭✭cnocbui

If it was a Samsung, you could do it that way via DEX or by just using their Smart Switch backup and file transfer app.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 40,156 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

they would have to enter any security code set on the phone to unlock it first. a bit difficult when the screen doesn't work.

• Registered Users Posts: 165 ✭✭sudocremegg

I can unlock the phone with finger print scanner but as it's a one plus I have to enable USB file transferring when it's connected to a PC.

Everything is on internal storage. No memory card to remove. Nothing is backed up on the cloud.

I can't do the one plus phone to phone transfer program as it requests me to press something on the broken phone to start the process

I'd say bringing it to a phone repair place might be the only option so. They might be able to get the info off of it without having to replace the screen if you are considering it a write off.

Advertisement