Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Motor offences & Penalty points

Options
  • 30-08-2022 9:35am
    Registered Users Posts: 3,104 ✭✭✭

Hi All,

Looking for some advice. I am on 9 penalty points and recently got caught in a work van doing a delivery on the phone! Totally my fault obviously my boss rang me and I stupidly answered 2 second call too 🙄. I dont usually go out with deliveries but this was an emergency on a Friday & customer wanted it by the weekend. So have fine and have yet to pay it as when I do I am going to get banned for 6 months. I commute to work and pass a speed van daily in different places (not in accident black spots obviously) so odds are stack against me (law of averages) I have been on 9 points for nearly 2 years I have a car kit in my car and have been constantly using cruise control for speed limits on roads. 6 of my points I got in a 1 month period. some were just Gardas being dicks (sorry) I should of fought these but was never in court nor did I want too. Sure if you lose its double the points and bigger offence. Its actually scare tactics so you wont go to court to fight them.

I can get the train to work, all be it at an extra cost of €250 a month. As I have a diesel card out of work. My problem is I look after my mam who lives in Dublin I check on her in mornings, lunch, after work do her shopping and collect her pension. She has carers but this is only 4 hours a week. I have know one else to check and do these things shes 78 and has some medical conditions. A few people told me to fight it and get a good solicitor he will explain my circumstances with my mother plus get a letter from my boss that I will lose my job if I am banned etc and to mention I just had a new baby (which I have by the way) I just dont see how this will work. Has anyone ever done something similar? I was told to definitely seek legal advice but I dont know where to go can anyone recommend a good solicitor for traffic offences?

All help from fellow boardies be must appreciated

B

Post edited by LIGHTNING on

Comments

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 627 CMod ✭✭✭✭LIGHTNING

Contact a solicitor. We cant offer legal advice in here. Closing thread as these can get messy.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement