Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Giving old samsung phone to friend. How do i make sure all passwords usernames etc are removed???

Options
  • 29-08-2022 7:19pm
    Registered Users Posts: 47

I can use factory reset or whatever, but that won't guarantee they can't install those old apps or whatever and that information remains or easy to recover

I have contacts and files all removed. Just those passwords are usernames from apps or browsing are the main issues.

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,336 ✭✭✭.red.

A factory reset will clear everything. It'll be like when you bought the phone new, except any OS updates will be there. Passwords, apps, history etc will be gone.

• Registered Users Posts: 47 gotz

But I mean the apps themselves??

I know all will be deleted with a factory reset

But are you sure that when those apps are installed again by them that those apps haven't retained that information????

It's the apps rather than the phone im worried about

• Registered Users Posts: 3,558 ✭✭✭Breezy_

Be all logged out. Be grand.

Do factory reset twice.

ok cheers

psml

I'm just in the process of doing an old update i never done when i was using it. it was just harranging me in the notifications areas lol

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,370 ✭✭✭irishgeo

The logged in data doesn't get transferred when you move phones never mind after you wipe it.

Ok so doing the factory reset here now

Is it just the normal for the SAMSUNG word then to be glowing dark and bright during the process and does it take long??

everything done

thanks everyone

• Registered Users Posts: 3,558 ✭✭✭Breezy_

Yea, reset twice. If someone was persistent enough they could dig back up stuff from one wipe but not 2.

Advertisement