Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Can you drill pressed metal number plates ?

Options
  • 29-08-2022 2:31pm
    Registered Users Posts: 19,678 ✭✭✭✭

Switching acrylic plates on a new car with standard pressed metal, my front plate is screwed in, is it advisable to drill holes in a pressed metaL plate or should I get a surround ?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 978 ✭✭✭bf

You can do it alright, but a bit of a pain. Use the wrong drill bit, it will make a mess of your plate if you're anyway OCD ☺️ Surrounds the easier way to go!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,861 ✭✭✭fancy pigeon

Use double sided tape

• Registered Users Posts: 2,105 ✭✭✭Explosive_Cornflake

I've drilled my motorbike plates.

No issues at all, Measure twice, drill once though. Make a template out of paper or cardboard etc.

A GOOD mounting tape either. I've had cheap tape soften too much in very hot weather.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,580 ✭✭✭PsychoPete

As said above use double sided tape, it looks a lot cleaner

Advertisement