Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Van Insurance in Company Name

Options
  • 29-08-2022 11:07am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,762 ✭✭✭

Hi,

I bought a Renault Zoe commercial through my company and am having a lot of trouble getting it insured in my company name. Issue is I don't want to transfer over my 13 years NCB from my car. A lot of places refuse to quote me without a NCB which seems crazy, a NCB is supposed to be a bonus not a requirement.

I got a quote of €2K from liberty insurance and when i called best quote insurance it was 3.5K. I'm awaiting a response from AXA as they required a form to be filled out. They had quoted €500 if I was getting it insured in my name as I could mirror my NCB, but I hadn't realised I made a mistake here by not getting it quoted in company name.

Quite disheartening after waiting so long for the van to arrive!

Anybody good recommendations for commercial insurance in company name?

AXA quoted €1750 so i think i'm just going to have to take the hit this year and hope it comes down a lot next year! else i've got an electric van sitting in my driveway going nowhere that could be stolen and i've got no cover!

Post edited by mp3ireland2 on

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,707 ✭✭✭El Gato De Negocios

Ring a decent sized broker and try to get a quote with Ornella Underwriting, formerly known as Patrona. They have a large commercial vehicle scheme with RSA. They may be able to mirror your bonus rather than requiring you to transfer it. I dont think they deal with the public directly so it will have to go through a broker. FBD also do van insurance so might be worth a call also.

Advertisement