Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Green, White and Green - book on the history of Raheny Shamrock's senior Irish internationals

Options
  • 28-08-2022 11:00pm
    Registered Users Posts: 399 ✭✭

Hi all,

Kieran Kelly here. With support from my club we have released a book on the history of Raheny Shamrock's senior Irish internationals called Green, White and Green. Since being released last month I've had positive feedback from people and good sales. The book is now out for general release in Chapters book store on Parnell St priced €19.99 https://chaptersbookstore.com/collections/sport/products/green-white-green?_pos=1&_sid=9a4af00be&_ss=r. Will also soon feature in other book shops which I will post about in due course. I can be contacted on my Facebook, Instagram and Twitter if you are interested in a copy, I'm rarely on this. Raheny Shamrock club website can also be contacted.

Bio of book

''Green, White and Green is about Raheny Shamrock AC, its senior Irish internationals from 1968 to present. The club has existed since 1958 but due to a then split in Irish athletics between two governing bodies NACA (National Athletic and Cycling Association) and AAUE (Amateur Athletic Union of Eire) and the club being in NACA meant athletes were not eligible for international selection until 1968 when BLE (Bord Luthchleas na hEireann) was formed merging the two bodies. Since then over 60 internationals have ran for the club including 5 Olympians and 1 international medalling Paralympian. Front cover features all 5 of the club’s Olympians including the Hooper brothers Pat and Dick (bottom right), who both ran in the 1980 Moscow marathon, and Sophie Becker (top right) the most recent Olympian who competed in the mixed 4x400m relay in the Tokyo Olympics last year.

Chapters include bios on all the club's senior international athletes, the club's first 10 years in existence, interviews with athletes in the club capped for Ireland, profiles of the club’s 3 senior Irish international coaches and old photos and memorabilia through the years.''

Advertisement