Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Stuart turner negative head pump

Options
  • 28-08-2022 7:40pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,369 ✭✭✭

hi all,

I recently moved into a property with what I believe is a Stuart turner negative head pump on the ground floor, with the main water storage tank.

The pump works fine for the most part, but while it’s running periodically the pump slows down with an associated drop in pressure at the tap/shower, then it speeds up again. It looks like the pump possibly thinks the pressure demand has been met.

Has anyone seen this before? Are there any adjustments on these? Can other things cause this? Like a restriction on the output side?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,080 ✭✭✭Trigger Happy

There could be some grot or gunk in the wee gauze on either the hot or cold intake to the pump. Otherwise a pump with a spent motor that needs replacing.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,369 ✭✭✭DublinDilbert

I disconnected the flexi pipes at the input to check for filters. There was no filters on either side. I didn’t check where the flexi meets the 3/4 supply pipe. Anyone seen similar problems ?

Advertisement