Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Installing Concealed Shower in Stud Wall

Options
  • 28-08-2022 3:39pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,775 ✭✭✭

I’ve a Hansgrohe to be fitted next week. New build, stud wall. It’s a concealed system. I presume I’ll need grounds in place for shower head etc.

Is it up the plumber to do this work or do I need to do myself or what? Obviously if I ask him he’ll say it’s not up to him as he seems to like everything done for him up to this.

any advice appreciated

Best Answers

• Registered Users Posts: 260 ✭✭Magilla Gorilla

Hi there.

I’m doing a full refurb currently. Plumber is replacing rotten battens from leaking old shower and will put in necessary noggins/grounds for new built in shower as part of the job. He’s dear but worth it as he’s dealing directly with the tiler also (who has done work for me before).

• Registered Users Posts: 4,318 ✭✭✭Tefral

I know you are not going to want to hear this, but do not install a concealed unit unless you put in an access hatch because within 5 years you will be breaking it out to replace it when the valves go bad due to scale etc.

Grounds are by builder unless otherwise agreed.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,368 ✭✭✭DublinDilbert

Just pulled out two concealed shower valves And replaced with bar mixers. Bar mixers are nearly all 150mm spacing so you can take one out and replace it with another very easily.

Answers

• Registered Users Posts: 1,775 ✭✭✭PowerToWait

Cheers lads, thanks for input. @Tefral, I wasn’t aware it was as dead certain as you say that they needed to be replaced. I’ve a fairly comprehensive treatment unit so I hope that should remove scale issue.

Advertisement