Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New boiler 2 x weeks ago not working

Options
  • 28-08-2022 10:49am
    Registered Users Posts: 723 ✭✭✭

We got a new LPG gas boiler - BAXI 2 weeks ago. We turned it on last week at night and in am as my 82 year old aunt us staying with us and us always cold. It didn't work. There was a 133 error code on it. We reset it everal times and it would only work for 5 muns at a time. The pressure also is just at very lowest before red, so not sure if pressure issue. We have been on to the installers who are very reputable in the area and who are, of course, RGII registered. They are refusing to come back saying the boiler and rads were working when they left 2 x weeks ago, which they were, but we have no heat, my elderly aunt is here with us and it's coming towards winter. We paid 3k for the job. We have the commission cert. They said they registered it with BAXI, we are going to contact them tomorrow. They said they flushed the system and there was very little slydge in it. House was built in 1993. We paid the deposit and final payment by card what are our options? We,'re really stressed about it.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,474 ✭✭✭John.G

That's a condensate trap frozen alarm, it certainly won't be frozen but does point to some problem that is triggering that alarm, your installer has a duty IMO to address this problem FOC. Have you told them the error code??,

The outlet from the condensate trap will be a plastic say 1.5 ins pipe underneath the boiler, you could just see where this drains to and check for blockage.

• Registered Users Posts: 723 ✭✭✭Hannaho

Thanks, JohnG for your reply. I told them what the error code is 133 and that it said on YouTube that they was a frozen condensate pipe. They emailed me back and said that wasn't possible as the weather is hot at moment. They refused again to come out and look at it, saying it was working when they left 2 weeks ago. I'll ring and email them again tomorrow re and say it could be frozen condensate alarm. If they continue to refuse to.come out, what are my rights here, and is a frozen condensate sate alarm easy to solve?

They have some cheek!!

A "frozen" condensate pipe alarm in August is all the more reason for them to sort it out, tell them in no uncertain terms that unless they attend pronto that you will send them the bill for getting it independently repaired.

• Registered Users Posts: 723 ✭✭✭Hannaho

Thanks JohnG. Will ring them tomorrow and be very firm with them. I know other RGIIs don't like to take Iver work that others have messed up. Will ring BAXI also if I don't have Amy luck with installer. They are supposed to have registered the warranty.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,253 ✭✭✭Jinglejangle69

That’s an absolute joke and terrible service.

Cowboys like this really annoy me.

Tell them if they don’t come back you will take it to social media.

Reputation is everything.

• Advertisement

I recall now reading about other Baxis having problems with this alarm up, so yes, definitely get on to Baxi as they may send their own man out.

• Registered Users Posts: 813 ✭✭✭mp31

That is terrible and so sorry to hear that.

Name & shame them - it will save someone else a similar experience in the future.

Advertisement