Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Would be grateful for the advice

Options
  • 28-08-2022 2:00am
    Registered Users Posts: 6

Hello, really need some advice, bought a laptop: Samsung galaxy book pro 5 days ago at Currys and now Currys is selling it 250 euro cheaper. Can I claim the difference? Million Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,384 ✭✭✭pah

Have you gone in and asked them?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,308 ✭✭✭whomitconcerns

You can always ask. Only way to tell. You have no right to that price though... So...... Good luck!

I managed to get Amazon to give me 100£ refund in a similar situation last year, so it's possible

• Registered Users Posts: 1,979 ✭✭✭Firblog

If you bought online you might be able to return without much fuss?

• Registered Users Posts: 38 Grimwar

Just return it, EU Law unfit for purpose, say you pressured in to buying it.

"

I've changed my mind

How to return an unwanted small item

The quickest way to return your item is by visiting one of our stores (unless your item was purchased on Flexible Credit). Find your nearest branch using our store finder.

Our policy

In accordance with your rights when you purchase goods online or over the phone, unwanted items can be returned even if you have opened them for inspection as long as you let us know within 14 calendar days from the day after delivery. Once you have told us you want to return an item, you should do so without undue delay and not later than 14 days from the day on which you informed us of your decision to cancel the order. You can examine the goods as you would in a shop but to obtain a full refund you must not start using them, install them or input any data/software. The goods must be returned in ‘as new’ condition and in their original packaging.

An unwanted product bought in store can be returned for a full refund within 21 days of purchase as long as it’s still in its original, unopened packaging.

Returns and exchanges can only be processed with proof of purchase. This can be the sales receipt, a bank statement or an online sales invoice. Please provide your order numbers when you return a product.

Please note: small items are audio products, cameras, computers, gaming products, small appliances and small TVs (under 43”)."

https://www.currys.ie/services/shopping-with-us/returns-refunds.html#SmallItem

• Advertisement
Advertisement