Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Is there anywhere to buy TV shows digitally?

Options
  • 27-08-2022 8:23pm
    Registered Users Posts: 32
    Jackomon

I know that in the US, you can buy TV Shows digitally through the likes of YouTube, Google Play & Itunes/Apple Store (along with movies too), but is there any equivalent here in Ireland?

You can buy movies fine on Google Play & YouTube in Ireland, but not TV Shows which I find to be rather strange, unless there is some Irish law preventing the possibility of that happening that I am unaware off.

Best Answer

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 11,522 Mod ✭✭✭✭icdg

Apple don’t do it here either. Not sure why. As far as I know the only people who do offer it here afaik are Sky - www.Skystore.com

No law against it to my knowledge.

Answers

• Registered Users Posts: 12,852 ✭✭✭✭flazio

Sky Store do box sets. Go to Justwatch.com enter the show you're interested in and they'll show you the services you can stream or buy som.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,215 ✭✭✭✭Suckit

I don't think any of the big ones do it, you would probably need a VPN to do it from Ireland - all above board etc. The equivalent of being on holidays and buying while abroad. I thought Vudu do as my friend uses them, but after looking, he must be using a VPN or has a friend in the US doing it for him (he's not doing that).

Private Internet Access and IPVanish are both decent VPN's, and both are free (after 100% cashback) on Topcashback, if you haven't a VPN and want to go that route. It also means you could use all of the other services too, legally.

EDIT - If you are already aware of a VPN etc. I just posted it as not everyone is.

• Registered Users Posts: 32 JackoWacko18
    Jackomon

I have heard of Justwatch and have found it useful, unfortunately, it seems like I can't access it on PC for some reason, even thou I can access it on my phone.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,081 ✭✭✭dam099

Microsoft sell some TV shows but the selection seems quite limited.

Looks like the others can't be bothered organising the rights although based on the amount of shows Microsoft have managed to clear maybe they decided it wasn't worth launching with such a poor selection.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,215 ✭✭✭✭Marcusm

iTunes sells plenty of tv shows.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 32 JackoWacko18
    Jackomon

I know that, but the problem with iTunes is that its exclusive to Apple products and I don't exactly trust Apple (even thou a part of me is thinking of getting it mainly for having Apple TV+ and the Charlie Brown specials)

Advertisement