Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Riello 40 G3B - No Power

Options
  • 27-08-2022 5:36pm
    Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 39,015 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Out kero boiler has stopped working at some point over the summer. It's a Riello 40 G3B with a 530SE control box.

I checked power and it is going all the way to the boiler but the start light doesn't come on and the unit won't start up. There is no sign of life with it at all.

Is it likely just the control box needs replacing? I removed it and there's no sign of any damage on it.

Or am I looking and a bigger job here i.e. replacing entire burner unit?

Comments

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators Posts: 6,232 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wearb

It would be a good idea to have it properly serviced and repaired by someone qualified.

In the meantime, check the high limit cut-out. It might have popped open It will be under a tiny cap beside the boiler thermostat.

Please follow site and charter rules. "Resistance is futile"

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators Posts: 6,232 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wearb

This

Please follow site and charter rules. "Resistance is futile"

• Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 39,015 Mod ✭✭✭✭Seth Brundle

Cheers. It was the high-limit cut out.

I'm actively looking for someone to service it anyhow. The lad I used to get passed away and the few I called last winter hadn't time. Hopefully they'll have time now.

Advertisement