Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Looking for a low power alternative to Triton T90SR

Options
  • 27-08-2022 2:00pm
    Registered Users Posts: 197 ✭✭

Hi all,

I had my heating system changed from oil to an airflow pump recently. Both the electrician and plumber mentioned at the installation time that I would be mad to keep the T90SR, as I am effectively heating water twice for a shower.

I believe they mentioned a Trition Novel shower as a replacement as it takes a hot water feed from my tank (which my heating system is currently heating my water to 45C)

Given the current cost of electricity at the moment, I'd like to learn more about these Novel showers (i.e. how much power the T90SR uses vs a Novel shower). Does Novel Shower pump the water out (I may be in a low-pressure area)?

Or if any folk on the board have had one of these showered fitted and have any feedback, good or bad.

Cheers

Jonathan

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,474 ✭✭✭John.G

Yes, if your HW cylinder is vented, then the Novel which has its own inbuilt pump, takes HW from the vented HW cylinder and cold water from the cold water storage tank and delivers it to the shower head via its thermostatic mixing valve at up to 14LPM.

Advertisement