Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Advice on Appealing a Local Authority Home Loan Decision

Options
  • 26-08-2022 5:26pm
    Registered Users Posts: 28

Hey, we have been waiting 6 months to hear back from south dublin county council of local authority home loan application, it was declined, we are so upset, we both work and pay ridiculous rent. I thought these schemes are supposed to help people, its all for show they don't help hard working people

Has anyone been successful with appealing this and if so any helpful tips

Thank you

Post edited by Jim2007 on

Comments

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 10,043 Mod ✭✭✭✭Jim2007

Change your title to make it clear the purpose of your post as you will have a better chance of getting responses that way.

Do you know why you were rejected?

• Registered Users Posts: 28 Iriah251

They said we asked for to much .. we asked for 230 thousand and we saved 50 thousand for a deposit. They could of offered us less

• Registered Users Posts: 1,297 ✭✭✭walterking

did you not not check the amount possible?

They have a calculator online https://localauthorityhomeloan.ie/calculator/

It is not for them to enter auction type dealings and come back and say they would approve for Y amount.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 10,043 Mod ✭✭✭✭Jim2007

Well I think that is going to be a very difficult one to argue, all institutions have strict guidelines when comes to lending and that includes government bodies.

Yes the calculator said 280,000

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 25,734 ✭✭✭✭Mrs OBumble

What's the basis of your appeal?

We will ask for a lower amount even though we used there mortgage calculator and asked for 50,000 less as we have saved 50,000 ourselves

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Jc2023

Hi could I just ask how long it took you in total to get approved / declined for both councils from the point of submitting your application?

They are the two councils I want to apply to and just want to have a general idea how long I'll be waiting as I've heard it can be up to a year! Thank you 😁

Advertisement