Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Arriving Dublin via Belfast by BUS. Passport Entry Stamp???

Options
  • 25-08-2022 2:47pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5

Hi, I will be visiting Dublin this Friday from Belfast by bus (I hold a valid Irish tourist visa) and I have been advised by Garda Station that I must present myself to Burgh Quay for entry stamp on my passport as soon as possible!! (because I come via the border with Northern Ireland)

I called the only phone number on Burgh Quay website and they said they only handle long-stay permissions and my tourist visa is not in their scope… I then called back to Garda Station, they said I must attend Burgh Quay because they take in charge of the immigration office in Greater Dublin Area…

I asked a friend in Dublin to ask Burgh Quay in person and the guard at the door stopped him and said anyone must have an appointment letter to enter. BUT, the Burgh Quay staff on the call refuse to give me an appointment because I’m short-stay and their email says they will try to reply me in 15 working days….

Wonder has anyone ever experienced these?? Because I will leave for London via Dublin Airport after my visit, I am particularly concerned about this (the lack of entry stamp)…. BUTTT, it is just that I cannot find anywhere to get my passport stamped!!!

Comments

Advertisement