Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Returning to Workforce from Self Employment

Options
  • 24-08-2022 5:57pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3

Hi all,

I'm looking to return to Corporate employment to give my life a bit more stability. I have been self-employed since 2018. Prior to that, I worked in technical support for one of the Tech companies for over 5 years. I very much held my own there until I had to opt-out for health and family reasons. Returning there isn't an option unfortunately.

Presently, I'm struggling with getting interviews, despite applying for varying levels of roles closely aligned with my previous corporate experience (including entry level roles). I feel a bit caught between two stones; possibly too much experience/too old for an entry level role, too inexperienced for others. I have learned about ATS and have been tailoring my CVs to job descriptions to no avail.

Looking for some guidance from anyone who has had a similar career path/similar experience and how things panned out for them or anyone in the recruitment space that might be able to give some direction

Thanks

Comments

Advertisement