Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

What coolant to use for Volvo engine

Options
  • 23-08-2022 9:21pm
    Registered Users Posts: 41

I have a 17 volvo s60 d4. I'm getting a warning message every so often on the dashboard when going around bends/braking hard, says that the coolant level is too low.

I had a look and the level does indeed seem to be around the minimum mark of the tank. The car was fitted with a new water pump before I bought it so would they have flushed the system when doing this, and would they have not put enough back in?

I'm wondering what coolant I should put in. I have some "universal" coolant but I'm wondering how universal it really is? I assume you can't mix them, but I don't know much more about it than that, so thought I should check here before proceeding.

Anyone have any tips?

Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,568 ✭✭✭zg3409

Try putting the reg into Mick's garage or other online reg based tools to suggest coolant. All I know that s there is a few types and you should not mix wrong ones. It's often hard to tell the colour as in red or blue when it's years old.

You could also ring a Volvo dealer and they should be able to tell you for sure as various engines are often used for similar cars.

Advertisement