Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Recommend a car for me

Options
  • 23-08-2022 6:17pm
    Registered Users Posts: 10,071 ✭✭✭✭

Hi all,

Im currently driving a 2011 insignia Sri spec and I think it’s on its last legs- it’s going into the garage tomorrow morning for a noise like a lathe when I start reversing.

Anyway if I get a big bill I’ll be looking at going for something a bit newer. (Garage has already told me the fly wheel is showing signs it will need to be replaced- that’ll cost €1800!)

Budget = €20k or approx €400 per month.

I do approx 30k kms a year approx 90% motorway driving, could be 350kms in a single trip.

It needs to be a diesel as opposed to a petrol due to the mileage I do and I can’t afford an EV.

The Sri spec is nice so I’d like something similar.

Fuel efficiency is important to me also- I currently get 6L/100km so if I could improve on that, would be great.

Any suggestions?

Post edited by LIGHTNING on

Comments

Advertisement