Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bathroom Ventilation

Options
  • 23-08-2022 3:06pm
    Registered Users Posts: 39

hi All

I have recently purchased a semi detached house and will be doing renovations.

the bathroom has no window (not possible) and i am wandering what is the best type of exhaust fan or ventilation to use, its situated between living room and kitchen and will have toilet, basin and large shower

Any info appreciated.

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 16,927 ✭✭✭✭Sleeper12

For it to meet the building regs it needs a window.

If you can't put in a window then I assume that you don't have any outside wall in the bathroom. How long would the ducting be from bathroom to outside?

You'll get away with the toilet and basin but you will have constant condensation everywhere in the bathroom from the shower. More in the winter than summer

• Registered Users Posts: 39 cinnamonsticks

Hi sleeper

Thanks for reply

As it's a semi one wall is the neighbours wall

It's a odd layout as it's the main/only bathroom (was the one thing putting me off the premises) it's between the living room and kitchen I suppose to get to an outside wall for a vent it would be 8ft

Would installing two exhaust fans make sense ?

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 39 cinnamonsticks

There is attic above it I could also go up and out the tiled roof?

Advertisement