If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on [email protected] for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact [email protected]

Separation/Divorce and housing

  • 22-08-2022 10:15pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,170 ✭✭✭

    Can anyone confirm or deny what is the status of a house when only one person's name is on the mortgage? What happens in the case of separation/divorce - when married. No children invovled.



  • Posts: 0 [Deleted User]

    There is no one straightforward answer to this, as there are many factors involved.

    It depends on how much each spouse contributed to the deposit / mortgage payments during the course of the marriage. The duration of the marriage. A property adjustment order will be made as part of the separation / divorce.

    It's not automatically 50:50.

  • Registered Users Posts: 1,170 ✭✭✭sillysmiles