Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Stove for a small room

Options
  • 22-08-2022 12:15pm
    Registered Users Posts: 266 ✭✭

We have a small sitting room 4mtrs x 4,5mts x 2.4mtrs and we are looking at putting in a stove.

Is it would have to be a 4.5-5kwh stove which is probably too big a heat output for the room. However from research if I can get a efficient burning stove and one that is easy to control, we should be ok?

I have looked at electric fires but my better half feels what is there are power cuts?? We could use the stove to heat down stairs?

Questions:

Anyone else got a stove in this size of a room does it work OR are we mad?

Recommendations for a stove of this side OR electric fire(if I can persuade her to do that way)?!

Appreciate your thoughts

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 48,545 CMod ✭✭✭✭magicbastarder

we have an inis airc (nominally about 5kW IIRC) in a room of a similar size, and you do need to leave the door open to let heat out.

edit: just googled it and it seems to be sold as a wood stove rated at 6kW; but on the one we have, the grate can be configured for coal or wood. we've never burnt coal in it though.

• Registered Users Posts: 266 ✭✭size5

Appreciate

Are you able to control the heat coming out of the stove so that room isn't too warm?

Thoughts are too keep door open as will heat the hallway and kitchen.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 48,545 CMod ✭✭✭✭magicbastarder

it certainly can be controlled, but we're happy to leave the room door open as it helps heat the rest of the house.

i'd often use the baffle to control airflow based on how windy it is too; windier days will cause the stove to burn harder.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,242 ✭✭✭brokenangel

We have a wood pellet stove room heater

You can control the temp

We had a solid fuel stove before in sitting room and it would end up getting far too warm and controlling the heat was a nightmare plus the cleaning etc. the wood pellet is on a timer and you can get one which can turn on/off via internet. The heat control is great and cleaning is very easy. Might be idea if you can store pellet or if local supplier has

Advertisement