Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How to connect qualpex to hose pipe

Options
  • 21-08-2022 7:11pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,624 ✭✭✭

Hi

Is it possible to connect qualpex pipe to a garden hose pipe and if so what connection should I buy please.

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,534 ✭✭✭Pataman

If it was me, I would put a straight connector to a piece of copper, then put the hose over the copper and secure with a jubilee clip

• Registered Users Posts: 7,506 ✭✭✭the_pen_turner

washing machine isolation valve and hose conecter fom tap or hozelock quick conect

• Registered Users Posts: 6,360 ✭✭✭The Continental Op

Why not just use a half inch female bsp connector and stick an brass outdoor tap on the end.

Wake me up when it's all over.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,624 ✭✭✭iba

I actually tried both of those ideas.

I couldn't get the Qualpex to fit into the Hozelock quick connect.

For the washing machine isolation value, I wasn't getting a tight fit with the qualpex. However, I was using a second-hand one so maybe if I had a new one, the connection would be smug.

If I could get the Qualpex to fit into the Hozelock, that would be well handy, is there some trick I could use?

Thanks

Thanks for your idea.

I googled what a half inch female bsp connector is and Im not sure I find it exactly but I understand that it connects to a tap.

Okay, so the situation is:

Outdoor tap/hozelock quick connect/hose

then on the other end

qualpex/silver feed bendy pipes (sorry don't know proper name)/tap

I hear you about adding another tap, but that would give me 3 taps in the run.

Cheers

• Advertisement

the washing machine valve will attach to the qualpex like any other 1/2" pipe , the hoselock then screws onto that like a tap and then the hose attaches like an outside tp

Sorry, missed this earlier, thanks for your idea.

Tectite 1/2 inch pex to 1/2 inch bsp female (picture is UK version but any builders merchants will have the irish version). You can also get it in plastic.

Any garden tap or most washing machine ball valves will fit into that.

People, thanks very much for taking the time to put forward your ideas and suggestions; much appreciated.

I got the washing machine valve.

On the part of that valve that connects to the qualpex, should I use tape and/or put something inside the qualpex (the thing in pic 2, I don't know it's name). Actually should I put them in the connection from the qualpex to the silver pipes too?

Wow, weird or what? I think I'll lie down and have a little rest while my mind digests that.

Sorry OP call me stupid but I cannot see the point of that?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 27,113 ✭✭✭✭GreeBo

Did you not just add another tap by doing this?

3 taps in a run is fine, unless you want to have them all on at the same time. In any case, what you have done will suffer from the same issue (and other issues!)

At the very least get yourself another couple of 90s so you arent kinking the braided hose.

Also, is there a reason why a normal hose nozzle wouldnt have worked in this scenario?

Because it's cold water going to both hot and cold taps? Well it's just I wanted to use what I had lying around and I don't need hot water. I'm not a plumber so just trying to figure it out as I go along

. It doesn't have to be a work of art. It just has to work. It's only going into this unit I made, just in the garden

Will this work?

• Registered Users Posts: 27,113 ✭✭✭✭GreeBo

I think the confusion stems from the fact that you didnt originally let us know you were trying to plumb in a sink!

You still have the kinks, just remove the qualpex and screw one side of the flexible hose directly to the blue valve.

you dont need water on both sides, its just over complicating it.

Now, would I be drinking water from that setup....probably not.

Of course it will.

Thanks. Like this. Nice and simple now. I wouldn't drink from it either, but it will be fine for washing hands or an apple ithink.

Is there something I should put at the end of the other flexible pipe to close it off.

Might have to come back later when I try to figure out the waste pipe 😁

definetly will work .

the kinks arnt ideal

the rubber seal in the flexi wont last against the sharp edge of the normal t fitting , you can get fittings with flat ends that seal better.

if your staying with this set up i would turn the t so the feed is straight through to one flexi and the other is coming out the side . that would have less pressure on the flexis and allow more water through

Yes I'm staying with this setup. Just going to have one tap working. But I'm sorry I don't understand what you mean about "turn the t so the feed is straight through to one flexi and the other is coming out the side"

the water going in and the water going out to the flexi is in a straight line , then the other flexi attaches to the side.

Thanks.

But how do I attach the unused flexi to the used flexi. Do you mean just tie it to it with a cable tie?

• Advertisement

Like this?

Or this?

something like that . once water is flowing through both you should be fine . you put a 90 bend fitting to tidy it up a bit

Advertisement