Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Noisy pipes after booster pump installation

Options
  • 21-08-2022 8:17am
    Registered Users Posts: 9,932 ✭✭✭

Hi folks, got the old boiler taken out and replaced with a Vogue Max combi which I moved into the attic. Also got a px203e booster installed between the attic tank and boiler. Now have 2 very good showers and instant hot water on demand which is nice. However, when using wash hand basin mixer taps, the noise from the pipes is very loud, unless the cold or hot tap is fully open. I’m guessing it’s noise due to restricted flow at the tap but is there a way to overcome this ? Incidentally, the bath taps are fine (old style non mixer taps fed with 2pm pipe for both hot and cold). The mixed taps are both 15mm to the wash hand basins then down sized to the mini flexi inlets. I have put inline valves behind one wash hand basin and adjusted the flow but to no avail. Ideas?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 27,114 ✭✭✭✭GreeBo

Is the noise from the tap or the pipes?

if the taps are newer they might restrictors or aerators in them, you could try removing them.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,932 ✭✭✭dodzy

Pipes. I switched tap in main bathroom already. Same issue remains.

Advertisement