Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Support your club pro

Options
  • 20-08-2022 4:46pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,026 ✭✭✭

Just wanted to share my experience in buying from my club pro.

I'm a member in Bray Golf Club where the pro is Dara Lernihan - an absolute gent!

I wanted to buy a new driver - no particular brand in mind.

Did an hour in the swing room on trackman where we worked through lots of options. Came down to a choice of 3 different brands. We did not talk about price. He sent me away with all 3 drivers configured for me to bring to the range and out of the course for a practice round. I made my decision on a Taylormade stealth and we placed the order. Club arrived about 4 weeks later. Price was very competitive

When I tried to play with the new club I was finding that everything was fading despite me setting the adjustment to full draw. (but I was hitting it miles!) I persevered for a few weeks to make sure that it was the club and not me. I even took new and old club to the range to confirm. Pro asked me how I was getting on with the new driver and I told him. He immediately put me in for a range session where he adjusted the settings of the club to where I was hitting it much better. He then changed out the shaft as he felt 5g heavier might suit better. I was delighted with the result.

I told him that I had a problem with this as I had damaged the original shaft. The padding in the divider in my bag had become worn and the exposed metal had scraped a big chunk into the shaft without me realising it. Dara to told me not to worry about it as he would use it as a demo shaft for fitting.

I walked away one happy bunny!

I will never buy another thing from the big golf shops and will always buy through my pro!

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 7,190 Mod ✭✭✭✭charlieIRL

I bought my driver from my club pro, he spent a long time going through driver heads and shafts until he was happy with how I was hitting it.

Lately I wasn’t hitting it as well as I was and got a lesson with the new pro here and after getting me to hit balls with trackman etc. he said it was a perfect fit for me and he worked on my swing.

Two great pros in my opinion

Advertisement