Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

VW Service?

Options
  • 19-08-2022 4:21pm
    Registered Users Posts: 306 ✭✭

I have a 5 year old Vw. Are their services ok value? €9.99 a month for 36 months for 2 oil changes or €359.64 up front.

3 Oil changes are €16.99 over 36 months or €611.64 up front.

They include oil pollen air and fuel.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 386 ✭✭teediddlyeye

Depends on your milage IMO, don't really see the value myself tbh.

If you're replacing air and fuel filters before they're due (every 90k in most cases). I've changed loads of filters that were never needed simply cause they were part of the service plan.

Not really worth it. If you're doing big miles then probably yes.

"I never thought I was normal, never tried to be normal."- Charlie Manson

• Registered Users Posts: 6,194 ✭✭✭DaveyDave

Their service plans will save you a small amount of money plus you have the benefit of paying small increments monthly as opposed to a bigger yearly fee which is nice when something else comes up around the same time like tyres or insurance.

If you're happy to continue with main dealer servicing then it makes sense.

• Registered Users Posts: 190 ✭✭PatrickDoherty

I find vw basic servicing decently priced 199e, probably about 50 quid cheaper in a small garage but vw comes with a mini valet and a years AA membership.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,334 ✭✭✭bladespin

Do you get VW rescue included? it’s an excellent service.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,251 ✭✭✭goochy

Basic services cheap it's repairs that come after you have service won't be cheap

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23,827 ✭✭✭✭Larbre34

Doesn't say much for the brand or the service.

As soon as any car is out of its warranty, the best value for servicing will always be found at a good independent, including preventative work.

I have a personal horror story about a VW main dealer treatment of a couple of relatively simple issues with a Golf GTI, that would make me avoid them for service work, even if it were free.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,334 ✭✭✭bladespin

It actually says a huge amount, got mine serviced at the main dealer once a year (the others are done by local independent), means you're covered if you do have a breakdown, rescue, hire care and administration all covered - free with the service, it definitely adds huge value to the MD service package.

Advertisement