Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

back boiler (shoebox size) for back of open fire

Options
  • 19-08-2022 12:52am
    Registered Users Posts: 148 ✭✭

I am looking for a back boiler (shoebox size) for back of open fire. Cannot locate one here in Donegal. Any idea where I can get one of these? Boiler only used for hot water, no radiators.

Comments

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators Posts: 6,232 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wearb

Most likely have to get one made. Phone some local plumbers, they'll most likely know of someone local.

Please follow site and charter rules. "Resistance is futile"

• Registered Users Posts: 148 ✭✭countyhouse

Thanks, Checked one outlet in NI, €400 for one, crazy price

• Registered Users Posts: 1,884 ✭✭✭Robbie.G

It’s a flue set or domestic back boiler

there are 2 type of ones

still available in most plumbing merchants

Thanks for coming back to me. I have quote for €400 for the 16”, however the cradle it sits in is rusted away and needs to be replaced as well.

An alternative is to fit a Hamco Glenbarrow Boiler Stove 6.5Kw for domestic hot water only, no radiators, however they have been discontinued and I cannot locate one anywhere. Any ideas?

If you do not have the Glenbarrow, is there any other Stove which is similar?

• Registered Users Posts: 18,223 ✭✭✭✭Bass Reeves

I would definitely say put in a stove instead of a back boiler3-4 times more efficient. Just watch the heat to the room as boiler stoves heat the boiler first.

Saw this on DD

https://www.donedeal.ie/heating-for-sale/boiler-stove/31932451

Slava Ukrainii

• Advertisement

Thanks very much, I have sent a message to them

I see unfortunately that that stove is sold

Advertisement