Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Google Maps continually crashing after I start a navigation session?

Options
  • 18-08-2022 8:09pm
    Registered Users Posts: 13,626 ✭✭✭✭

Google Maps has started crashing after I open the app, and start a navigation session on my Huawei P20 Lite Android phone.

Anyone experienced this issue?

Is there a log I can read somewhere?

I've reinstalled the app, restarted phone, restarted Google Services, cleared cache and data. All to no avail.

I did find there's a separate "lite" version called Google Maps Go, which seems to be a front-end for the web version and this is sort of a workaround, but not as smooth a UX as the native app.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,991 ✭✭✭DavyD_83

I've had the same issue over past few weeks, and have heard of couple of others with similar

• Registered Users Posts: 13,626 ✭✭✭✭mrcheez

Similar phone, or a more recent model?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,991 ✭✭✭DavyD_83

Xiaomi note 11, MIUI 13,

Similar enough I think. 2 other ppl I know who have had issues both also have Xiaomi androids, not sure if exact models.

• Registered Users Posts: 858 ✭✭✭goldenhoarde

I'd go into play store and update all as it could be play services or something else needs updating

• Registered Users Posts: 13,626 ✭✭✭✭mrcheez

Done that and still same black screen of death

• Advertisement
Advertisement