Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Spanish wedding requirements

Options
  • 18-08-2022 3:20pm
    Registered Users Posts: 849 ✭✭✭

Hey all,

Im hoping to get legally married in Spain next year. My fiance is Spanish and we know we have to go through the Spanish embassy due to her being resident in Ireland.

We are getting little to no information on some questions we have for the embassy so seeing if anyone here knows.

Firstly the embassy is telling us we need to open the marriage book three months before the wedding. That is fine but the dfa doesn't give out the freedom to marry letter until 8 weeks before...

I read some people just give fake wedding date as they remain valid for 8 weeks but there is very little overlap here even if I fKe the date. Has anyone managed to get the letter with a longer term on it?

Then for translations we are unsure where we can get these done. Is it anywhere that can certify the translation or specific places?

Also does my birth certificate need to be printed in the last 6 months? They say the Spanish one does but don't mention it for the Irish one(I assume this means it doesn't)

Post edited by Connavar on

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 849 ✭✭✭Connavar

In case anyone is searching for this.

The Spanish embassy finally got back to us. They said that we can open the marriage book without the certificate of freedom and send it to them when we get it as they wouldn't normally have forwarded the documents to Spain at that point

Advertisement